Friday, May 23, 2008

Tecate

Brewery: Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Montezuma
Location: Mexico
Serving: Bottle
Style: Mexican Macro Lager
ABV: 4.5%


A round of golf led to some Mexican food. I decided to forgo my usual Negra Modelo to try a Tecate. I had read a poll where it won the best of the Mexican beer offerings, so I wanted to give it a whirl. After tossing aside the lime wedged in the bottle, I got down to business. I didn't have a glass for the beer, (some would say I am a cretin for drinking out of the bottle, but those people can get over themselves) so I can only guess that the colour is the customary straw of most Macros. It had a very sweet smell that was unexpected and a taste to match. The typical corn flavor was present but much sweeter than usual. I wouldn't call Tecate a great beer by any means, but it washed my carnitas tacos down nicely. I'll stick to my Negra Modelo or Dos Equis drafts because they have much better flavor.


Rating: C

No comments: