Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Big Bark Amber Lager

Brewery: Live Oak Brewing Company
Location: Austin, TX
Serving: Imperial Pint
Style: Vienna Lager
ABV: ?

My final stop on my Austin tap house tour led me to Ginger Man. This is the one I was looking forward to and it did not disappoint. Taps as far as the eye can see. Nice cozy feel with dark wood and a darts section, always important. I decided to stick with a local brew and I was rewarded.
The Big Bark was a dark copper colour with a thin head, and a really nice sweet fruity aroma.
The first swig brought the taste of tangerines to mind. I also noticed some bread like flavor, biscuits maybe probably due to the malt. It finishes with a nice bitter hit to balance things out. Quite tasty. I used to be a fan of amber beers but I have slowly moved away as they tend to be pretty bland. This is definitely an exception with a delicious complex flavor.


Rating: B+

No comments: