Monday, April 7, 2008

Yer Beer

Brewery: Cumberland Brews
Location: Louisville
Serving: Draft/Pint
Style: Infused IPA?
ABV: ?

I had planned on ordering the stout but after the server described it as smoked I passed. I have yet to develop a taste for smoked brews. I just don't enjoy drinking a glass of bacon. She recommended the Yer Beer as a nice pale ale style beer. Boy was she wrong. The pint she sat in front of me was a very hazy light orange. I took a sniff, clouds, purified air? It had no smell. This ale is infused with Yerba Mate, which is defined as having a characteristic mature flavor which is somewhat sweet, bitter, withered leaf like, and alfalfa-like. I'm not sure what that would taste like but if the answer is nothing then this beer must taste like Yerba Mate. I could not get any flavor at all except for the finish which tasted like creamy soap. This is apparently a seasonal for Cumberland, I would suggest they forget to brew it next season.

Rating: D

No comments: