Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kaiser 2nd Reising

Brewery: New Albanian Brewing Co.
Location: Indiana
Serving: Draft
Style: Old Fashioned Pilsner
ABV: 5.9%

I had pretty much stopped ordering NABC beers except for the occasional specialty brew like Olde Lightening Rod. There are just so many great beers on tap that the NABC brews can't really stand up in my opinion. Monday was NABC day, meaning pints were $1.25 off, so I decided to try a few out to see if anything has changed.

Kaiser was a clear pale yellow with little to no head. It had a very faint smell that was kind of sour. The taste was tangy with some hints of grain/corn. The finish was not my cup of tea, kind of bitter but not in a good way. It doesn't taste anything like other pilsners I've had but I think that's the point since it's brewed in the old style.

These two beers didn't really change my opinion. The NABC beers are pretty good (they used to be so much better)and much better than the mass produced beers, but they just don't hold up to other craft breweries to me.


Rating: C-

No comments: