Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Double Crooked Tree IPA

Brewery: Dark Horse Brewing Co.
Location: Michigan
Serving: Draft
Style: Imperial IPA
ABV: 13.6%

This was the last beer released for Gravity Head and the one I had been most anticipating. I am a fan of Dark Horse and the regular Crooked Tree is great. I decided to head to Sportstime to try it out before it was all gone. They brought it out in a 10 oz Tulip glass and it was a nice clear reddish orange colour. It smells hoppy and sweet like citrus and flowers. The flavour of the hops immediatley hits you but doesn't overpower everything, there is some sweetness and alcohol that also comes through. The flavor is very balanced and unlike a lot of imperial style beers I felt like I could drink these without it overwhelming my tastes.

Rating: A

No comments: