Monday, April 28, 2008

Mad Hatter IPA

Brewery: New Holland Brewing Co.
Location: Michigan
Serving: Bottle
Style: American IPA
ABV: 5.8%

I am a big fan of New Holland. They make one of my favorite beers (dragon's milk) and they have yet to disappoint me. I have been on IPA kick lately, so I felt like I needed to give New Holland's version a shot. It poured a cloudy dark orange colour with a decent sized head. It had a very faint smell that was typical of most IPA's I've had (citrus & hops). I had to practically stick my nose in the beer to pick up much an aroma. It had a nice flavor that was a balance of orange/lemon, good bread, and hops. None of the flavors overpower and they all work nicely together. Most IPA's tend to hit you over the head and scream "I'm an IPA, look hops!", but this beer is subtle almost like a session ale. Enjoy.

Rating: B

No comments: