Monday, June 9, 2008

Scotty Karate Scotch Ale

Brewery: Dark Horse Brewing Co.
Location: Marshall, MI
Serving: Draft/Imperial Pint
Style: Scottish Ale
ABV: 9.75%

Hill was working at Prost on Friday so we decided to visit and enjoy a pint or two. I settled into the comfy leather couch and ordered up a Scotty Karate. I had tried this during Gravity Head and loved it so I was excited for the second go-round. It was a dark brown colour and when held up to the light I could not see through it. A sweet bread/fruit aroma initially hit my nose but as I drank the alcohol smell became more prominent. The taste is heavenly. This ale has a very good mouthfeel. Malt flavor is strong but balanced with a very lovely sweet nutty finish and just a dash of the alcohol to warm you up. Dark Horse succeeds yet again.


Rating: A

No comments: