Sunday, June 22, 2008

HopDevil Ale

Brewery: Victory Brewing Company
Location: Pennsylvania
Serving: Draft/Growler
Style: American IPA
ABV: 6.7%

I have read plenty of good things about Victory beers, the only problem being they weren't available in Indiana or Kentucky. Well they are finally getting distribution in Indiana and Sportstime picked up a few kegs. I stopped by and grabbed a growler of the HopDevil to try out.
It poured a caramel colour with a beige head that clung to the sides as I drank it. Much to my surprise I could actually smell some sweet maltiness, the aroma wasn't completely dominated by the hops. That malt also comes through in the taste. Nice toasted bread compliments the dominant citrus hop flavor. It finishes up with a crisp clean bite. I'm not used to this much malt in an IPA and I was pleasantly surprised.


Rating: A

No comments: